Thursday, April 15, 2010

hows the sims 3?

might get it. want to know what yall think about it. is it much improved over 2. or just more of the same.thankshows the sims 3?
It's a big improvement. It feels a lot more like a game than a part time job. One thing that annoys me is the stuttering and slowness. My rig should tear this game to pieces but its just some bad optimisation that'll hopefully get fixed in a patch.hows the sims 3?
Pretty much anything 2 was missing or didn't work well in implementation now works great in 3. It's definitely much less of a grind fest too.The only downside is the EA Sims Store. I have no problem with the idea of micro-transactions to get more stuff for the game. I do have a problem with their outrageous ratio of $ to points.
I am running the Sims 3 on a laptop and I haven't had any graphics or speed issues with it. I don't know why everyones complaining about it.
Works brilliantly and my machine is a couple of years old now with regards to power, think it is a good improvement on the second game and with a patch too iron out the bugs will make it even better.
I have to admit it i have never liked sims game in my life.My sister plays it all the time and i hated it but after playing sims 3 and giving it some time to understand i really like it.Its so much refreshing to play a simulation game after many years of FPS,RPG,ACTION game.
[QUOTE=''ag3ntz3rox0x'']might get it. want to know what yall think about it. is it much improved over 2. or just more of the same.thanks[/QUOTE]



No it's improved. First i thought that his game is going to be the same old sims. But actually It more than i have expected i say you get the game. By the way i played it.
The cities (there are 2 so far) are absolutely huge.I was really, really surprised at how big they are - remember, EVERY single sim in the city is being simulated. Every one of them. And there are seemingly hundreds of them. These people are all going to develop relationships, get jobs, have kids, move out, move in, grow old, and eventually die. Everywhere you walk, there are sims talking with one another and doing things. It's just mind-blowing.The sims themselves are much deeper too, because of the new personality traits - each sim has exactly four. There are massive amounts of combinations because each of the four has a pretty lengthy list to choose from. This effects everything: how your sims talk to other sims, how they perform tasks, what options are available to them.There's no way that anybody could say that The Sims or The Sims 2 is a better game than this one - NO WAY. Anybody who says that this game is shallow is just plain stupid or quite frankly hasn't played the game.On a side note: I'm having a technical issue. For me, the game is stuttering like crazy, and there's nothing I can do about it. Lowering the resolution doesn't work, nor does adjusting the sliders. My computer is state of the art and should be running this game easily. It's incredibly frustrating because as far as games in general are concerned, this game is obviously a masterpiece. It's just blown me away. I'm four days in and feel like I haven't even started playing yet.
Mine crashes to black and I have to manually reboot it while I'm creating a Sim. Usually happens after 5-10 minutes of flawless play. Seems to be some kind of conflict with the audio driver as going into dxdiag and turning the sound acceleration down to standard from full fixed the problem temporarily. Rebooting my computer after an unrelated update though brought the problem back. Quite a few people have this problem. When I did get to play, my only initial complaint was the amount of customization content that has to be purchased seperately. You get 1000 free sims points ($10 worth) to buy some of it back, but still a lot was left out in order to cash in on microtransactions. Also, there's no hot tub for some reason.
Anyway, I'd wait until a patch is released.
[QUOTE=''ag3ntz3rox0x'']might get it. want to know what yall think about it. is it much improved over 2. or just more of the same.thanks[/QUOTE]



It's Sims 2 with no loading times between neighbourhood locations, and all the stuff from the Sims 2 expansions missing. Oh and some under-the-hood changes to sims' personalities and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment