Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HELP!!! I screwed up GTA IV installation from Steam.

Okay so I bought the game from Steam, installed it, and then when i went to run it, it went through 8 steps before playing. First was verify direct x, and then a bunch of other steps. On step 7, which had something to do with microsoft .net installation, I idiotically got fed up and shut it down. ''I'll be fine,'' I said to myself. I did the same thing with Fallout 3 and it ran perfectly. Well, I go to start GTA IV again, and it wont run. I figured if it requires all that stuff to run, it would attempt to install the stuff again if it weren't installed the first time. But that was not the case. It made no attempt to try and reinstall all that was required. How do I go trough those 8 steps again to make sure the product works? I am reinstalling right now, but ****, it's taking hours.HELP!!! I screwed up GTA IV installation from Steam.
All you have to do is start R* Social Club, and press PLAY, but that is after you make a R* social club account.HELP!!! I screwed up GTA IV installation from Steam.
[QUOTE=''DanielDust'']All you have to do is start R* Social Club, and press PLAY, but that is after you make a R* social club account.[/QUOTE]Is that it? What is windows .net? Was it wrong to fail to complete it's installation? Does it make a difference? And I don't need to wait hours trying to reinstall the game?
You can manually install the .net framework through Windows Update or Microsoft's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment