Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gothic 3 = Underrated (E3 on News Expansion pack)

Who agrees that Gothic3 is a very underrated RPG? I know alot of people had issues with the game when it first came out, but the game runs pretty good for me now a days with the patches,etc..In my opinion this game is better then the other games i own that are somewhat similar (Two Worlds, Oblivion, Fable, Fable2, i found to all be not nearly as FUN as Gothic3).Loved Gothic 1, but never played Gothic2 and i just cant get enough of Gothic 3.Anyone else excited for the Gothic4 (I thought it was an expansion pack at first hehe)E3 2009: Arcania: A Gothic Tale Previewhttp://www.gamingexcellence.com/pc/games/2210/p20090603.shtmlBelow are some pictures (Not the best looking graphics, but its still very early, and Gothic has always been about the gameplay,exploration,etc..)Gothic 3 = Underrated (E3 on News Expansion pack)
I have Gothic 3, and I think it's a great game. But I find that most players who underrate Oblivion are either running it without the Unofficial Patches, or running it without the Mods that can easily fix whatever gripes one would have about the game.My Oblivion is heavily-modded (~ 70 or so Mods), changing everything from animation and body meshes to both new and completely redesigned Guilds, plus a better levelling system. I've also added-in tons of new quests, factions, NPCs, and AI changes. A successful installation of the Script Extender (OBSE) can impact gameplay significantly.Gothic 3 = Underrated (E3 on News Expansion pack)
Raises hand
10 gb of mods didn't do much for Oblivion, top mods, mods that add a lot to it, not random ones.Can't wait for Gothic 4 :) another half an year or so till it's released.
Too bad Spellbound's latest game, Helldorado, isn't realy good.
[QUOTE=''topsemag55'']I have Gothic 3, and I think it's a great game. But I find that most players who underrate Oblivion are either running it without the Unofficial Patches, or running it without the Mods that can easily fix whatever gripes one would have about the game.My Oblivion is heavily-modded (~ 70 or so Mods), changing everything from animation and body meshes to both new and completely redesigned Guilds, plus a better levelling system. I've also added-in tons of new quests, factions, NPCs, and AI changes. A successful installation of the Script Extender (OBSE) can impact gameplay significantly.[/QUOTE]



Having to spends hours upon hours downloading and installing mods, relying on the community to fix the game is a load of ****.
Even with the Community patches and everything the Game still won't run properly without stuttering. But gothic 4's new Engine should Change that.. hopefully..
[QUOTE=''Bumzur''][QUOTE=''topsemag55'']I have Gothic 3, and I think it's a great game. But I find that most players who underrate Oblivion are either running it without the Unofficial Patches, or running it without the Mods that can easily fix whatever gripes one would have about the game.My Oblivion is heavily-modded (~ 70 or so Mods), changing everything from animation and body meshes to both new and completely redesigned Guilds, plus a better levelling system. I've also added-in tons of new quests, factions, NPCs, and AI changes. A successful installation of the Script Extender (OBSE) can impact gameplay significantly.[/QUOTE] Having to spends hours upon hours downloading and installing mods, relying on the community to fix the game is a load of ****. [/QUOTE]No different than Gothic 3. It didn't run well until Community Patch 1.7.
Gothic 3 kept my attention for a while but ultimately it failed due to the bad AI while in combat.Not only that some, if not most of the animation was poor.I do belive i have it installed still i may give it another go one day.Another thing i could not stand was how Orks appeared in this game they all looked exactly the same and they looked like complete prats.
I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish.

Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.
Gothic 3>Oblivion. Love the game. I agree, a new combat system would be welcomed.



Thoguh yes, the expansion looked really bad, hope this is better.
Is this version also going to have absolute poo for a combat system?
I loved gothic 3, and I'm very excited for gothic 4.
[QUOTE=''kieranb2000'']I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish.

Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.[/QUOTE]

This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).
I could only finish Gothic III after the community patch 1.7. I loved Gothic III as I loved the first two games of the series. Gothic is a real RPG with asolid NPC interaction and a huge and detailed world, you can choose a lot of things and do almost anything you want. As I said, Gothic is a REAL RPG, not an action game with RPG elements like Oblivion and Fallout 3.The main problems of Gothic series are the combat system, performance and bugs.Visually, animations and human models. I hope the new developers fixes those issues once and for all.
[QUOTE=''DanielDust''][QUOTE=''kieranb2000'']I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish. Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.[/QUOTE] This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).[/QUOTE]



Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe this developer made that Gothic 3 expansion. And it was terrible. I want Pirahna Bytes back.
[QUOTE=''DanielDust''][QUOTE=''kieranb2000'']I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish.

Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.[/QUOTE]

This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. It was unclear from the TC's post, and the topic title says expansion xD

But I'm fairly sure that every Gothic game so far has been made by a different developer and on a different engine. So its not that surprising.

Hopefully this shall be good since its an entirely new game and all.
[QUOTE=''kieranb2000''][QUOTE=''DanielDust''][QUOTE=''kieranb2000'']I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish. Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.[/QUOTE] This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).[/QUOTE] Ah, I see. It was unclear from the TC's post, and the topic title says expansion xD But I'm fairly sure that every Gothic game so far has been made by a different developer and on a different engine. So its not that surprising. Hopefully this shall be good since its an entirely new game and all.[/QUOTE]



Nope its been Piranha Bytes all the way until the G3 expansion, which I watched 3 minutes of gameplay which seemed worse, realized the main VA was different, and just said ''no''. :P
[QUOTE=''TheCrazed420''][QUOTE=''kieranb2000''][QUOTE=''DanielDust'']This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).[/QUOTE] Ah, I see. It was unclear from the TC's post, and the topic title says expansion xD But I'm fairly sure that every Gothic game so far has been made by a different developer and on a different engine. So its not that surprising. Hopefully this shall be good since its an entirely new game and all.[/QUOTE]



Nope its been Piranha Bytes all the way until the G3 expansion, which I watched 3 minutes of gameplay which seemed worse, realized the main VA was different, and just said ''no''. :P[/QUOTE]

I knew they have been using the Piranha Bytes name each game, but haven't the team members changed entirely each time? I'm probably thinking of another company xD

And yeah, the G3 expansion is pretty horrible.
[QUOTE=''kieranb2000''][QUOTE=''DanielDust''][QUOTE=''kieranb2000'']I like Gothic 3, although its combat system was pretty suckish. Not excited for this though, the last expansion pack actually made the game worse rather than better.[/QUOTE] This is Gothic 4, not a G3 expansion, it's also made on another engine by another developer, so I hope for the best :).[/QUOTE] Ah, I see. It was unclear from the TC's post, and the topic title says expansion xD But I'm fairly sure that every Gothic game so far has been made by a different developer and on a different engine. So its not that surprising. Hopefully this shall be good since its an entirely new game and all.[/QUOTE]Yeah sorry about that, when i saw that name ''Gothic:Arcania'' I thought for sure it was an expansion pack since the name wasnt GOTHIC4. My bad, I just coudlnt change the title topic, although i changed some stuff in my first post, saying that i thought it was an expansion at first, but that now i relize its a new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment