Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can you recommend a game that has a long campaign w/ good story, but not a rpg?

I've been looking for a game like that. I'm trying to play other games but RPGs right now, so please no RPGs.Can you recommend a game that has a long campaign w/ good story, but not a rpg?
GTA IV

Max PayneCan you recommend a game that has a long campaign w/ good story, but not a rpg?
How important is ''long''? Psychonauts is not too long, not too short, and has a good story.
GTA4, Star Craft, War Craft 2
  • Deus Ex
  • Max Payne
  • Warcraft 3
  • Starcraft
  • Homeworld

[QUOTE=''aliblabla2007'']
  • Deus Ex
  • Max Payne
  • Warcraft 3
  • Starcraft
  • Homeworld
[/QUOTE]



Warcraft 3 has been awesome so far. Is Homeworld better?
[QUOTE=''manningbowl135''][QUOTE=''aliblabla2007'']
  • Deus Ex
  • Max Payne
  • Warcraft 3
  • Starcraft
  • Homeworld
[/QUOTE]



Warcraft 3 has been awesome so far. Is Homeworld better? [/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, yes.
The first Command and Conquer. The NOD campaign really interested me more than the gameplay. Half Life Series. I agree with Max Payne. Indigo Prophecy.
I recommend Age of Mythology and its expansion The Titans.
[QUOTE=''Drosa'']I recommend Age of Mythology and its expansion The Titans. [/QUOTE]



Really? I've heard AoM is good, but what's the story like? I never hear it mentioned for it's story.
[QUOTE=''manningbowl135'']I've been looking for a game like that. I'm trying to play other games but RPGs right now, so please no RPGs.[/QUOTE]Max Payne has a great story line but it's short. I would suggest 'FarCry' (original)... It has a very long campaign and a good story (though some would argue)...Also try 'Beyond Good and Evil', great story and fairly long, lots to do. Freedom Fighters is another good one you may like. These are a bit older games, but still very good ones.*+
Bioshock
Heroes of Might and Magic V. You can get a Gold Edition%26trade; that has everything. It's going to eat a lot of your time.
Homeworld.
Scarface was great to me and probably dirt cheap now too!
[QUOTE=''DieselCat18''] Freedom Fighters is another good one you may like. These are a bit older games, but still very good ones.[/QUOTE] co-sign at the time i though this was like the great game ever!!!
As of just finishing Stalker within the hour, I gotta say, what an incredible, yet WELL hidden story. You gotta do a LOT of the sidequests to really grasp the story. I mainly did the main stuff with side stuff here and there, and ended the game not knowing WTF happened. (went to wikipedia though to catch up on what I missed though...omg, sooo deep of a story lol) oh and p.s. probably the most ungodliest hardest game I have ever played...the final mission which theoretically could take 15 minutes took me 2 hours...my god NPC's can 1-shot you, and fighting 7+ npc's in small corridors that all can potentially kill you in .5 seconds. Man that sucked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment