Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fallout 3 crash at start of new game

Okay, so everything runs fine, click start new game, and the first slide comes up and the game crashes. ''Fallout 3 has stopped working'' searches for fix, offers none and then I have to exit to task manager and click the close window that was once the fix search window.



I've tried downloading the patch, nothing. Tried every display setting combination possible, including window mode, nothing. Tried uninstall and reinstall 4 times, nothing. Tried running with just about everything else shut down, even went into task manager and culled processes and then turned off my internet and anti-virus too, nothing. I tried looking for an ffdshow to delete but that's not an option, as well as an option I saw posted where you could access an .ini file and delete everything after the = sign in the file names thereby disabling all the cut scenes. I have gone into control panel and told it to update drivers and it says they're all up to date. Everything I've tried has done absolutely nothing.



I don't know much about computers but my computer is as follows: a stock Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800

3 GB 800MHz SDRAM

250GB HDD

DVD SuperMulti Drive with Labelflash

Windows vista 32



**I know your guys' biggest question will probably be about my video card, I've looked over everything and can't find anything about my video card on this computer, all I know is that under the performance information and tools section of my control panel my computer was rated a 3.8 for gaming graphics. Fallout 3 has told me that it should be able to run on low settings.**



All help is appreciated and I apologize if you feel I'm wasting your time because it was foolish of me to even fathom running this game on this laptop. I saw the game, my computer is relatively new, and I didn't think much of it. But as you can see I have tried my damndest with what I've been able to figure out and this is my last ditch before I start looking for potential buyers for this brand spankin' new copy of fallout 3.Fallout 3 crash at start of new game
this may sound funny but i had the same problem. i tried everything reinstalling, updating my drivers,direct x etc. but the whole problem was only a single video codec which i downloaded to watch some different types of video files. that codec even messed up my 3d programs like maya and stuff. if you installed a video codec or something like that try to unninstall itFallout 3 crash at start of new game
The same thing keeps happening to me too. I even tried to use it on a whole different computer and it resulted in the same way. Crashing on the first slide. I even went through the work to download patch, uninstall, reinstall, again and again but nothing seems to fix the error. If there is any possible solution to this problem please post it.
so it seems no one can come up with a proper solution to this then
I have the same problem, hoping someone will find a way to fix it.
1) What is your graphic card?2) did you download any community mods? if so, listed them and list the order of the mod index.3) did you patch from ver.1.0 to 1.1 or 1.4 or 1.5?
  • make up application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment